If he ever went away, that is.
I’ve seen spam to several of the domains I have registered.
All to the address email@example.com.
I wonder if Google is happy about the from address “no-reply at gmail” being used.
Something along this in common:
From: “You Need Reviews” <No-reply[atdomain]gmail.com
Subject: Got Bad Reviews? Need good Reviews?
We Post Good Reviews.
We do Reputation Repair.
We do Blog Advertising.
We can help you defend your company by posting positive Reviews, Blogs and creating Websites
to take over Search Results and control what people see about your company.
How does posting positive reviews help in your businesses Google ranking?
1. Positive reviews increase your business rank by linking important and relevant websites to your website.
2. A constant stream of positive reviews improves your online reputation.
3. Positive reviews drive traffic to your business.
4. Positive reviews restore a tarnished reputation by pushing down negative reviews and links.
5. Helps protect against competitors or anyone else from attempting to run your ranking.
He also falsifies headers by trying to spoof yahoo.com as the sender.
Email addresses used:
Short info from the domain registration:
Domain Name: REVIEWSHOWCASE.COM Registrar: MONIKER Registrant : William Laurence firstname.lastname@example.org 2120 hwy 361 port aransas TX 78373 US
Late april reviewshowcase.com was hosted at 220.127.116.11, ViaWest.
Now it lives at 18.104.22.168, something called VERTICAL ENTERPRISE LLP in Singapore.
As usual there is quite a lot of domains involved, a few of them (some are most likely already dead):
And one not fitting the pattern above, but rather more along the russian bride scamming business:
safebride.com – seems to be gone.
Another one is acewigsblog.com, which also seems to be gone.
But why not get into the business of wigs, he has tried a lot before, like diapers.
I wonder how he managed to get out of Spamhaus’ ROKSO list.
Or maybe more correct; Why he isn’t back on ROKSO.